Proposed Charter Of Activities
The proposed charter of activities to be undertaken by the Center for Sustainable Development and Social responsibility will be:
- Working through the Six Principles of PRME, the center will work towards providing future leaders with the skills needed to balance economic and sustainability goals, while drawing attention to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the work of the UN Global Compact.
- The center will engage in conceptual and empirical research that advances knowledge creation and understanding about the role, dynamics, and impact of corporations in the creation of sustainable - social, environmental and economic value and dissemination of the findings to relevant stakeholders.
- The center will facilitate and support dialog and debate amongst educators, students, business, government, consumers, media, civil society organizations and other interested groups and stakeholders on critical issues related to global social responsibility and sustainability for developing actionable agenda and policy advocacy..
- The Center will undertake Education, Training and Advocacy in the field of Sustainable development and Social responsibility through creation of discussion forums, conferences, seminars for capacity building and knowledge creation.
- The center will actively promote and enhance public awareness of the benefits of sustainable development and social responsibility through engagement in various public forums and publishing thought provoking articles in print media.
- The center will partner with academic and research institutions as well as trade and industry associations to develop curriculum for sustainable development and CSR programs.
- There will be emphasis on collaboration and developing linkages with relevant national and international institutions and agencies for the attainment of Center’s objectives.
- The center will engage with IMI internal stakeholders (students, faculty and staff) and facilitate in their efforts towards creating a culture of sustainability and social responsiveness.