Research and Consultancy
Consultancy and Research at IMI is “A way of life” to faculty members and the institution as a whole. Consultancy and research go hand in hand along with teaching to management graduates in the institute. This also enriches practical knowledge for our faculty members to take it to class rooms while teaching. IMI is specialized in diagnostic and problem solving studies and preparation of corporate plans and strategies for corporations. IMI has been a leading B-School helping organization in enhancing their competencies, effectiveness and competitiveness. IMI is also specialized in identifying training and development needs and implications in terms of job performance of a group of individuals in an organization.
IMI has got faculty members who are not only qualified in terms of their specialization in various fields but many of them have diverse industry backgrounds as of part of their professional experience apart from academics. This in fact helps IMI to focus on consultancy across industries and cross functional areas of business. IMI is well recognized for their consultancy in large number of private sector organizations, Public Sector Undertakings, Central and state governments, NGOs. IMI is always focused on value addition to their customers in all their consultancy assignments and our clients do appreciate and support our endeavor for a mutual benefit of both. IMI does consultancy on various areas of management covering operational, strategic, and tactical levels ofclient’s organization. IMI always works closely as a partner in achieving goals of the customer in the consultancy assignments awarded to them. IMI always delivers the best quality of consultancy, with consistency in their deliveries.
We at IMI all times, adapt to changes in the market and apply innovative methods and strategies, through a process of continuous research. We translate these learning into effective tools to our clients in delivering the best respective organization. This in turn results in better management of challenges in varied and difficult business environment. IMI has developed expertise in providing consultancies in various areas of strategy development, Implementation to various private sector companies and large public sectors in India and overseas.
Areas of consultancy:
Human Resource Management:
- Development of HR policies, systems and procedures
- Manpower planning
- Identification of training and learning needs
- Organizational climate survey
- Evaluation of HR programs
- Designing OD interventions
- Action learning and appreciate inquiry.
- Development of performance Appraisal systems
- Trade union leadership development
- Design and conduct of selection tests
- HR audit
- Marketing Research and methodologies
- Statistical and marketing tools in market research.
- Customer Relations Management.
- Distribution Channels and Channel Management
- Corporate Image and Branding.
- Segmentation and Micro Marketing
- Internet Marketing
- Retail Marketing.
- Advertisement and Communication portfolio management
- Supply Chain Management models
- Design and implementation of SCM models
- Project Planning and implementation.
- Procurement and Contract Management
- Industry specific Inventory Management.
- Work flow and simplification and enhancement.
- TQM and LSS guidance
- Financial Performance Monitoring
- Financial restructuring
- Systems and Process Improvement, Standard Operating Procedures
- Internal credit risks & Risk Management
- Evaluation and implementation of internal control system
- Infrastructure project finance
- Profitability and cost effective studies.
- Study of growing industries like Power, IT, Infrastructure & Electronics
- Strategy for mergers, acquisitions and JV formations
- Strategies for sustainable development, marketing of green products
- Strategies for organizational restructuring vis-à-vis competitions.
- New HRM strategies and implication studies.
- E - Business usage, ERP solutions, B2B solutions, RFID
- E - Business application and strategies related to e-business.
- E - Commerce planning and execution.
- Business Process reengineering.
- E - Governance.
- Feasibility studies on infrastructure project management
- Study of regulatory authorities, governments, PSU’s Performance evaluation.
- Negotiation strategies and managerial economics of telecommunication services.
- Derivative Techniques, Applied Econometrics, actuarial Science studies.
- Studies and implementation of synergetic combination of knowledge, process and data with creative thinking.
- Learning through innovations and flexibility and improved technology and methods.
- KM portals and structural study for specific organizations.
- National and international studies and project implementation of KM.
Training & Consultancy
IMI’s Executive education and Leadership Development programs are middle and senior management. In this, IMI adopts a two-pronged approach.
IMI also believes in the philosophy of addressing required training and development skills will enhance productivity. There is a significant overlap between research, training and consulting activities at IMI. Typically consulting is sponsored and hence client centric. Consulting in IMI mainly takes several forms cutting across all management disciplines with multidisciplinary approach.
a. Action Research
b. Appreciative inquiries
c. Diagnostic studies
d. Evaluation studies(for instance, programs of national/international agencies)
e. Survey Research(climate/engagement/market research)
f. Strategy formulation and corporate plan preparation
g. Training Interventions
h. Training & Development
IMIs thrust will be on developing sustained relations with select corporate clients and offer range of tailor made training programs for them. These can be conducted both in IMI campus and also at client’s site or third party locations, including hotels. Along side, IMI has developed niche programs and offers Open/Public programs on repeat basis at Delhi and other locations. These will be in the following areas (List is indicative) based on demonstrated competencies and contributions of faculty. IMI also networks with Apex Chambers of Commerce, industry associations, and professional bodies like All India Management Association (AIMA) and offer several programs in collaboration with them.
- Doing Business in India
- International Business
- Global Competitiveness
- Managing Expatriates
- Risk Management
- Change Management
- Knowledge Management
- Working together (employees and their collectives with management) as partners in progress.