CLASSROOM & AUDITORIUM
The aesthetically designed IMI, New Delhi’s campus offers a stimulating atmosphere, conducive to all round development of a participant and also facilitates fervid cross-functional learning.
The campus is equipped with the newest technology to ensure that the students receive a world class environment to harness their capabilities. The centrally air-conditioned academic complex consists of spacious lecture halls, the Tata Chemicals Computer Centre, BOC Conference Room, RPG Auditorium, Williamson Magor Library, Faculty Chambers and Administrative Offices. All lecture halls have access to latest presentation equipment such as DLP Multimedia Projectors, Laptop Notebook Computers, Electronic Copy Boards, OHP Projectors, Internet and Intranet Connectivity and a State-of-the-Art Sound System providing for a unique/wholesome complete classroom experience.
RPG Auditorium: - The state-of-the-art auditorium provides a centre stage for conducting guest lectures, speaker sessions, events and batch-meets with a sitting capacity for the whole batch. It serves as a common place through which plethora of activities, initiatives are conducted and organised within the campus.
IMI, New Delhi ensures an all round development of each participant through this healthy juxtaposition of various facets of learning inter-mixed with cutting edge technology on campus, facilitating, both, the professors and the students in their quest towards excellence.
IMI, New Delhi has a state of the art computing facility for the students on campus. The Tata Chemicals Computer Centre has five servers (IBM, HP) with latest Windows Server operating environments. The campus has a network of more than 400 computers, and is Wi-Fi enabled to ensure mobile computing at all locations including hostel rooms, amphitheater and canteen. The campus has a 600 MBPS, 24-hour high-speed internet connectivity.
IMI Campus has two exclusive high-tech computer labs. These computer labs are equipped with more than 100 (HP) computers having latest technology for on-line classes and practice sessions. High-speed laser printers and Color Laser Printers are available for printing purposes.
The software library includes latest software like Windows 10, Office 365, SmartPLS, Nvivo, Excel Miner, Visual Studio, E-views, MS Project, SPSS, MSDN Academic License, Quick Heal End Point Security Server Client Editions, SAP, Corel Draw, Photoshop etc.
Entire IMI, New Delhi campus is enabled with Wi-Fi which uses Ruckus Indoor & Outdoor Access points with Wi-Fi Zone Director Controller 3000 Series.
The IMI Campus network is protected with Sophos XG430 – Application based firewall with fall- back technology.
Online assessment software is installed on the network to facilitate grading, online feedback, online quiz, and online attendance. For the purpose of viewing student performance, the staff, faculty members and the students themselves have been provided with login id’s, through which they can access the network based software, at any location within the campus.
Each faculty member is provided with a HP laptop and a LaserJet printer to ensure that their best gets delivered to the students. All research associates, secretaries, library, accounts and administration staff is provided with latest HP personal computer.
IMI has a Web interface, which is accessible at http://www.imi.edu/ and an Intranet for all internal users.
LIBRARY & INFORMATION SERVICE
The Williamson Magor Library and Information Service (WML) offers access to a wide range of both printed and electronic sources with an increasing emphasis being placed upon electronic delivery of information to users. The WML aims to support the diverse information needs of all our Students, Faculty, Researchers, and staff through the provision of high quality Information resources and services. The library is fully automated. The WML has a stock of about 25660 books covering not only all aspects of business and management, but also related areas such as economics, accounting , finance, the behavioral sciences and information technology. Moreover, there is a substantial collection of reference books.
The 6779 periodical titles subscribed [online + hardcopy versions] by the WML are vital sources for academic research and up-to-date business information. Most Journals are available electronically through the Business Source Complete [EBSCO], SAGE, ScienceDirect, JSTOR, INFORMS, and Emerald databases. A number of daily and weekly newspapers from different parts of India and abroad are also available. The hard copies of Journals are available and are arranged alphabetically by title. Besides, IMI library is also having a good collection of digital video resources such as BBC Worldwide Training programs etc.
A Library Committee, headed by a senior faculty member, provide guidance to the library to undertake the activities of this vital resource and constantly engages with other stake holders in keeping the domain contemporary. The emphasis being more on quality of service than merely quantity.
|Library & Information Services rendered:
||Information Research Assistance
||Inter Library Loan Services
||Proactive Information Services
||Reference and Research Services
An extensive collection of Electronic Resources is available, both on and off-Campus, including E-Journals, articles, company data, industry reports, and country information:
- Business Source Complete (EBSCO), is world’s definitive scholarly business database, providing the leading collection of bibliographic and full text content. As part of the comprehensive coverage offered by this database, indexing and abstracts for the most important scholarly business Journals back as far as 1886 are included.
- Emerald Management 175: Emerald Management is the largest, most comprehensive collection of peer reviewed management journals, also backed by a management-specific abstracting service of world’s top 300 journals [contains 175 full text Management Journals].
- INFORMS PubsOnLine – The Institute for Operations Research and Management Sciences (INFORMS), is the largest society in the world for professionals in the field of operations research, management science, and analytics. [contains 14 full text Journals].
- JSTOR: JSTOR is a digital library of more than 1,500 academic journals, books and primary sources. JSTOR archives collections are multi-disciplinary and discipline-specific collection that include complete runs of journals. These collections span across more than 50 disciplines of academic content.
- SAGE Journals Online: Sage Management and Organisation Studies is a comprehensive online package offering electronic access to 98 peer-reviewed Management journals published by SAGE and participating societies. This online database includes 22000+ full text articles and up to 10 years of backfile access. More than 36% of the journals included in this collection are ISI Ranked Journals.
- strong>ScienceDirect: Elsevier’s extensive and unique full-text collection covers authoritative titles from the core Business and Management literature including high impact factor titles. It Includes electronic access to full text of 106 peer-reviewed Journals published by Elsevier. ACE Equity: ACE Equity database covers all companies listed in Indian Stock Exchanges. Data includes financial and non-financial information of companies and Sector. It covers Company, Sector and Business Groups as verticals.
- CapEx : CapEx database provides information and insights on the new capacities coming up in India in the near or medium-term future. The database tracks the status of each of the major investment projects. These include manufacturing, power, infrastructure and projects in the services industries. This database can be used to decipher the trends in current investments, by State, by industries, by status, by ownership, etc.
- CRISIL Industry Plus: The database provide comprehensive research coverage on the Indian economy, 70 industries and 2000 corporates, plus research reports on super 16 niche and emerging sectors.
- Economic Outlook (CMIE): Economic Outlook provides information on the Indian economy. It delivers these inputs in the form of data, news, analysis and projections. Over 2.4 million time series are presented in Economic Outlook in intelligently laid-out tabulations. Economic Outlook also provides CMIE’s views on the current and future trends of the Indian economy. These views are supported by data and 5-year statistical projections.
- EMIS-Asia: ISI Emerging Markets is a Euromoney Institutional Investor Group company, providing company and industry information. EMIS covers more than 100 industries, providing information on about 45000 companies in India, Economic forecasts and macroeconomic statistics and analysis.
- EPWRF India Time Series: EPWRF provides vital statistics on the India economy in a time series format. Some of the modules available- National Accounts Statistics of India, State Domestic Product, Annual Survey of Industries, Financial Markets, Banking Statistics, Insurance, Price Indices, and Industrial Production Series etc.
- FT.com: One of the world’s leading business news and information organizations, provides access to global companies news, comment, data, and cutting-edge tools to analyse markets data and trends.
- Indiastat.com: Indianstat.com is a cluster of 51 sites including India-specific, sector specific and State specific sites rendering its dedicated services to the research fraternity from academic, professional and corporate world with authentic and comprehensive compilation of secondary level socio-economic statistical data about India and its states on more than 35 variables. It covers wide range of information on the subject like Science , Technology, Agriculture, Industry, Statistics (Socio-Economic data) etc.
- Industry Outlook [CMIE] : The Industry Analysis Service is a powerful combination that brings together the advantages of a database service and analysis on around 65 industries. It helps users remain fully abreast of the trends in individual industries. The service covers around hundred industries. The database is available in the form of long time-series.
- Private Equity/VC Deals Database: The primary focus of this database is tracking investments and exits of Private Equity funds across various industries (excluding Real Estate). It includes sub-databases for Venture Capital; Social VC/Impact investments; Angel investments; Incubation, Cleantech, Infrastructure, etc.
- Prowess IQ [CMIE] : It contains a highly normalized database build on a sound understanding of disclosures in India on about 25,000 companies. Prowess provides detailed information culled from the Annual Reports, stock exchanges and other sources. The Annual Report information is normalized to ensure inter-company and inter-year comparability. It provides time-series data beginning 1989-90. The database is updated on a continuous basis.
- States of India [CMIE]: Provides comprehensive compilation of state level statistics. Statistics are sources from official documents of state government. The database includes socio-economic indicators of all the states. Time-series data is available for most indicators from 1990-91 onwards.