- Doctor of Philosophy (Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi)
- PGDM (T. A. Pai Management Institute, Manipal)
- Empirical Financial and Accounting Research Program (IIM, Calcutta)
- Ivey Case Writers' Advanced Training Program (Richard Ivey School of Business and IMI, New Delhi)
International Management Institute, New Delhi (May 2014 onwards)
- Subjects taught: Financial Accounting & Analysis, Financial Management, Cost & Management Accounting, Business Valuation, Financial Markets & Services
- Conducted traning sessions in various Management Development Programs
Bhavan's Usah & Lakshmi Mittal Institute of Management, New Delhi (Jan 2007 - Apr 2014)
University of petroleum & Energy Studies (Jul 2006 - Dec 2006)Fore School of Management, New Delhi (Jan 1997 - Dec 2005)
- Member of Academic Advisory Council
- Chair - Admissions
- Incharge - Summer Internship
- Subjects taught: Financial Accounting & Analysis, Financial Management, Security Analysis & Portfolio Management, Management of Financial Services, Financial Planning & Wealth Management
- Subjects taught: Financial Accounting & Analysis, Financial Management, Security Analysis & Portfolio Management, Financial Accounting
Fund Point Securities Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore (Aug 2006 - Dec 2006)
Investech Finance India Ltd. Goa (Jul 1995 - Jun 1996)
- Significantly contributed in setting up the Equity Research & Portfolio Management Division of the company.
- Managed portfolios worth Rs. 15 – 20 Lakh for NRI clients.
- Was also involved in Dealing Room operations at the Bangalore Stock Exchange.
- Designed & Implemented Systems and Procedures in Sub-broking activities.
- Managed the Secondary Market operations.
- Was a contributing member of the team involved in equity research and portfolio management for the company as well as for the individual clients.
Refereed Publications in National and International Journals
- Chhavi Mehta and Neena Sondhi (2016), “Understanding Indian retail investors’ stock investment behaviour: An empirical study,” International Journal of Management Practice, 9(4) pp. 4-23.
- Mehta, Chhavi, P. K. Jain and Surendra S. Yadav (2015) “Market Reaction to Stock Dividends: An Empirical Study in India,” Vikalpa, 39(4), pp. 55-74
- Mehta, Chhavi, Surendra S. Yadav and P. K. Jain (2011), “Managerial Motives for Stock Splits: Survey Based Evidence from India,” Journal of Applied Finance, 21(1), pp. 103-117.
- Mehta, Chhavi, P. K. Jain and Surendra S. Yadav (2009) “Rationale of Stock Dividends/Bonus Shares: An Empirical Study of Private Sector Enterprises in India,” Journal of Financial Management and Analysis, 22(1), pp. 28-39.
- Mehta, Chhavi and Rajat Gera, Case Analysis of case “Castrol India Ltd.: Managing in Challenging Times”, Vikalpa, 30(3), Jul-Sep, 2005.
- Bodhanwala, Ruzbeh and Chhavi Mehta, “Can Green Shoe Give a Lift to an IPO?” ICFAI Reader, October 2004.
- Presented paper “Understanding Indian Consumers’ Stock Investment Behavior – An Empirical Study” co-authroed with Neena Sondhi (2015), at International Conference on Advances in Management and Technology in a Global World (ICAMT-2015), organised by The Jaypee Business School, Noida, India in association with the University of Nebraska, Omaha, USA, on December 18-20th, 2015.