Ph.D. in Marketing from University of Lucknow & UGC NET qualified in Management.
Dr. Harshit Maurya is a Ph.D. in Marketing from the University of Lucknow and is also UGC-NET qualified in Management. He brings with himself 10 years of academic experience across different prestigious institutes and close to 3 years stint with a market research firm. He has been a Young Faculty Fellow for the prestigious AMA-AIM Sheth Consortium in Marketing in 2016. He has received training in Case teaching pedagogy through a joint program from IIM Lucknow & Ivey Business School, Canada. He was also a part of the workshop on Responsible Management Education & Awareness on Quality in Higher Education jointly undertaken by United Nations Global Compact Initiative & University of Lucknow. His domain interest lies in studying subsistence marketplaces and distribution related issues in Indian markets. His initial scholarly works have been published with various international journals of repute, like- Journal of Global Marketing, The Marketing Review, Services Marketing Quarterly, & International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management. He serves as an ad-hoc reviewer for AMA conferences & various journals of high accreditation. Dr. Maurya has also contributed to various international conferences of academic prominence. His current research revolves around subsistence marketplaces, rural retailing, & COO effect. His teaching areas of interest include papers like Marketing to the Marginalized Consumers, Rural Marketing, Brand Management, Marketing Management, Sales & Distribution Management. He is an avid reader & a travel enthusiast.
- Aithal, R.K., Satyam, Maurya, H. (2018). Distribution Challenges in Emerging Markets: Evaluating alternate distribution strategies for FMCG firms in rural India. In Atanu Adhikari (Ed.), Strategic Marketing Issues in Emerging Markets. India: Springer. (Forthcoming)- 2018.
- Satyam, Aithal, R.K. & Maurya, H. (2017).Understanding channel conflict in emerging economy: The small retailer’s perspective. International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, 45(10), pp. 1061-1078. (Indexed in ABDC Ranking ‘B’; ABS & ERA)
- Utkarsh, Maurya, H., & Medhavi, S. (2016). Differences in advertising strategies of service marketers: a content analysis. Services Marketing Quarterly, 37(2), pp. 109-124. (Indexed in ABDC Ranking ‘B’; Scopus; ABS & ERA)
- Maurya, H. & Das Gupta, D. (2015). Exploration of Country of origin effect in services: A Literature driven approach, The Marketing Review, 15(3), pp. 311-334, (Autumn, 2015 Issue). (Indexed in ABDC Ranking ‘C’; ABS & ERA)
Published Book Reviews
- Maurya, H. (2013). A Review of Contagious [Review of the book Contagious: Why Things Catch On, by Jonah Berger]. Journal of Global Marketing, 26(5), 301-303. (Indexed in ABDC Ranking ‘C’; ABS & ERA)
- Maurya, H. (2012). Branding with brains [Review of the book Branding with Brains: The
Science of Getting the Customers to Choose Your Company, by Tjaco Walvis]. Metamorphosis: A Journal of Management Research, 11(2), 82-84. (Sage Publications)
Registered Working Papers @ IIM Lucknow Working Paper Series
- Exploratory Study on Understanding Sales Force Automation in Indian FMCG Companies, (co-authored) IIM Lucknow Working Paper Series No 2012-13/32.
- Store Brand Proneness among Young Indian Consumers: Quality, Price & Risk Perceptions, (co-authored) IIM Lucknow Working Paper Series No 2012-13/35.
Manuscripts under Review
- Differences among Aware and Unaware SB buyers: Evidence from an Emerging Economy, (co-authored) aimed at International Journal of Consumer Studies (ABDC ‘A’ ranked, ABS & ERA).
WORK IN PROGRESS
* Tailoring Service Experience: Fit & Co-A 100 years legacy & the Cultural blend of Lucknow aimed at Asian Case Research Journal.
- Wholesaling in an Emerging Economy: Case Study of “Aiyaganj” Market, (co-authored) aimed at Journal of Macro Marketing.
- Investigating Customer based Brand Equity through Brand Associations: A mixed method approach towards understanding Customer Perception for Life Insurance Services, (co-authored) aimed at Journal of Brand Management.
- Role of Service Brand Experience in developing Destination Brands: An Emerging Economy Perspective, (co-authored) aimed at Journal of Travel research.
PEER REVIEWED CONFERENCES
- Subsistence Marketplaces 1st Field Immersion at Chennai, India organized by School of Business, University of Illinois, U.S., January 4-7, 2018.
- An exploratory study to understand wholesalers’ responses to the changing retail environment: Evidence from India, (co-authored) in 16th International Marketing Trends Conference, at Centro Cultural La Corrala de UAM University, Spain in January 26-28, 2017.
- Reflections from periodic markets in rural India: current issues and implications, (co-authored) in 2017 Annual Conference of Emerging Markets Conference Board, at IIM Lucknow-Noida campus in January 5-7, 2017
- Mobile subsistence retailer in rural India: Issues and Challenges, (co-authored) in 10th NASMEI International Marketing Conference 2016, at Great Lakes, Chennai in December 23-24, 2016.
- Rural & Micro Retailers in Rural India: Issues & Challenges, (co-authored) in The 6th Subsistence Marketplaces Conference, at School of Business, University of Illinois, U.S., June 17-19, 2016.
- Empirical analysis of self-efficacy of investors in stock markets- involvement and financial information seeking behavior, (co-authored) in 3rd International Conference on Emerging Challenges in Business for Global Sustainability, held at Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pune, February 20-21, 2015.
- Differences in advertising strategies of service marketers: a content analysis, (co-authored) in 8th NASMEI Marketing Conference, held at Great Lakes, Chennai in December 26-27, 2014.
- Exploratory Study to understand Small Retailer Purchase Preferences Evidences from Wholesale markets in Lucknow, (co-authored) in 8th NASMEI Marketing Conference, held at Great Lakes, Chennai in December 26-27, 2014.
- Understanding the Effect of Brand on Customer Perception of Insurance Services, (co-authored) in 8th NASMEI Marketing Conference, held at Great Lakes, Chennai in December 26-27, 2014.
- Differences in advertising appeals used by goods and service advertisers: A content analysis in Indian context, (co-authored) in 6th International Conference on Excellence in Research and Education, held at IIM Indore, May 8-11, 2014.
- Private Labels in Indian Apparel Retail: Consumer Preferences & Proneness, (co-authored) in 7th NASMEI Marketing Conference, held at Great Lakes, Chennai, December 27-28, 2013.
- Brand Associations in Indian Life Insurance Markets: A Qualitative Approach towards Customer Based Brand Equity, (co-authored) in 7th NASMEI Marketing Conference, held at Great Lakes, Chennai, December 27-28, 2013.
- Private Labels in Indian Grocery Retail: Consumer Recognition & Preferences, (co-authored) in Tenth AIMS International Conference on Management, held at IIM Bangalore, January 6-9, 2013.
- Country of Origin Effect in Services: Research Agenda for Emerging Economies, (co-authored) in Emerging Challenges for Sustainable Business, National Conference at IIT Roorkee, June 1-2, 2012.
- Sales Force Automation: Research Issues for Emerging Economies, (co-authored) in Shaping the Future of Research in Marketing in Emerging Economies: Looking Ahead, International Conference in Marketing, held at IIM Lucknow, Noida Campus, January 12-14, 2012.
- Empirical Evidence from Indian FMCG Companies on Adoption of Sales Force Automation (SFA) by Individual Salespersons, (co-authored) in NASMEI Marketing Conference, held at Great Lakes, Chennai, December 23-24, 2010.
- Selected for 1st Field Immersion Activity in Subsistence Marketplaces by School of Business, University of Illinois, U.S. held on January 6-9, 2018.
- Young Faculty Participant for the prestigious AMA-AIM Sheth Marketing Consortium organized at IMT Ghaziabad, India in January 6th-9th, 2016.
- Invited reviewer to California Management Review, a UC Berkeley-Haas School of Business' management journal
- Invited reviewer to AMA Conferences.
- Invited Reviewer with Journal of International Consumer Marketing, Taylor & Francis Publishing, Scopus listed.
- Invited Reviewer with International Journal of Electronic Marketing and Retailing, Inderscience Publishing, Scopus listed.
- Invited Reviewer with IGI Global Publishing.
- Awarded UGC-NET in Management.