Dr. Purva Grover is joining as Assistant Professor in Information Management, previously she was working as Assistant Professor in the Information Systems/IT area at Indian Institute of Management Amritsar. She has a Ph.D. in Information System from Indian Institute of Technology Delhi. Her doctoral thesis was on “Understanding the Role of Influencers in Social Media: Select Studies using Big Data Analytics”, the role of influencer was explored in different scenarios such as election, sustainability communication, technology adoption and social media marketing.
She had also served as Scientist B at Indian Council of Medical Research (2013 – 2014). Prior to that, she has worked for two years at Absolutdata Research and Analytics. Her research interests are in the areas of Social Media, Information and Communication Technologies, Blockchain, Analytics (network, image, audio & video) and its applications and Electronic Governance.
Her academic publications have appeared in Technological Forecasting and Social Change, International Journal of Information Management, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Enterprise Information Systems and Journal of Enterprise Information Management. She is an active reviewer of several top management journals.
She has also presented her research work at various national and international conferences. She has also been involved as a resource person in course organized by CSIR-NISCAIR on “Introduction to Data Science”; and Continuing Education Programme organized by Department of Management Studies, IIT Delhi on Data Science, Digital Marketing, Social Media and Big Data Analytics.
- Business Computing (Using Excel)
- Business Analytics (Using Python/R)
- Management Information System
- Social Media Analytics
Awards and Achievements
- Best paper award to "Blockchain for Businesses: A Systematic Literature Review" at The 17th IFIP Conference on e-Business, e-Services and e-Society (I3E 2018), 2018.
- Runner-up in Facebook's first-ever Child Safety Hackathon, cash prize of USD 400 was awarded.
- Second Prize in a Competition organized by Bitgrit on Data Analytics, cash prize of USD 1000 was awarded along with trip to Japan.
- Best Poster Award to "The untold story of USA presidential elections in 2016 - insights from twitter analytics" at Open House 2018, IIT Delhi, cash prize of INR 5000 was awarded.
- Best Paper Award to "The Untold Story of USA Presidential Elections in 2016-Insights from Twitter Analytics" at The 16th IFIP Conference on e-Business, e-Services and e-Society "Digital Nations– Smart Cities, Innovation & Sustainability", 2017.