PRESENT POSITION HELD
Distinguished Professor at the International Management Institute (IMI), New Delhi, since April, 2012.
1991-2012 : Professor at the International Management Institute (IMI), New Delhi.
1989-91 : Consultant at the School of Management Studies of the Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi.
1981-89 : Faculty Member at the University of Calabar, Calabar, Nigeria.
1980-81 : Faculty Member with the Management Development Institute, Gurgaon.
1977 (Summer) : Worked as a Summer Trainee with M M Rubber Company Ltd, Madras.
1974-76 : Was a member of Research Staff at the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.
Dean (Research & Fellow Programme) - From April 2013 onwards
Chairman (Accreditation Committee) - From May 2011 onwards
Chairman (Business School Ranking - From May 2011 to March 2014.
Registrar - From May 2010 to March 2011.
Dean (Academic) - From July 2004 to June 18, 2007.
Programme Director (PGPM) - Form May 2003 to December 2005.
Dean (Research) - 1st January 2001 to 31st April 2002.
Chairman - Library Committee (June 2001 to May 2010)
Registrar - 1st October 1998 to 31st December 2000
Programme Director (PGP) - Post Graduate Programme (1998-1999)
Programme Director (PGP) - Post Graduate Programme (1994-1995)
Chairman (Admission) - 1994 – 1995
Coordinator - Library Committee (1991 - 1994)
Coordinator - Placement Committee (1993-1994)
Member - Placement Committee (1994-1995)
Chairman - Departmental Graduate Committee (1986-1987)
Member - Department Graduate Committee (1982-1986)
Coordinator - Final Year Students' Project (1984-1986)
Staff Advisor - Nigerian Economic Students' Association
- Calabar Chapter (1987-1988)
"Research Methodology – Concepts and Cases", Vikas Publishing House Pvt Ltd. New Delhi 2011, (with Neena Sondhi).
“Operations Research” for SMU in Distance Learning format (in Press).
"Time Series Analysis ‑ Decomposition of a Time Series with particular reference to Money Supply" Mimeograph (with G.S. Gupta (c) 1973 I.I.M., Ahmedabad).
Some Recent Book Review:
Research Papers and Articles in Refereed Journals (National and International):
1. "Estimation Procedure when Disturbance is Auto‑correlated" VISHLESHAN, 1, 4 December 1975 (with G S Gupta).
2. "Estimation Procedure when Variables are subject to Measurement Errors" VISHLESHAN II, 1, March 1976 (with G S Gupta).
3. "An Econometric Approach to Evolve Viable Cattle Development Financing Schemes" INDIAN ECONOMIC REVIEW XI 1, April 1976 (with P N Misra & U K Srivastava).
4. "Demand for Tea in India" DYNAMIC MANAGEMENT 2, 2 September, 1977 (with G S Gupta).
5. "Production Function and Sources of Output Variation in Indian Food Manufacturing Industry" VIKALPA 3, 1 January 1978 (with G S Gupta).
6. "Role Conflict Tension and Job Satisfaction. A study of Medical Representatives" INDIAN MANAGEMENT October 1978 (with S C Mehta, A M Pandya & S Roy).
7. "Lagged Variables Models and their Estimation" VISHLESHAN 5, 1 March 1979 (with G S Gupta).
8. "Predicting the Academic Performance ‑ a study of Management Students", INDIAN MANAGEMENT, 19, 8 August 1979, (with U Jain, A Pandya and G Srinivasan).
9. "Statistical Techniques Applied to Intra Industry Analysis ‑ A Rejoinder", DECISION 6, 3, July 1979 (with G Srinivasan).
10 "Security Prices & Monetary Variables" THE CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT XXIX, 1 July 1980, (with G Srinivasan).
11. "Demand for Man Made Fibres ‑ the case of India" DECISION Vol. 12 No.3 July ‑ September, 1985.
12. "An Empircal Analysis of the Profitability of the Indian Man Made Fibres Industry" DECISION Vol. 13 No.2 April ‑ June, 1986.
13. “Job Aspirations of Students in Institutions of Higher Learning in Nigeria” (with A K Saha), INDIAN JOURNAL OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION, Vol. XXXII, No. 4, October-December, 1986, pp. 956-963.
14. "Trends in Indian Man‑Made Fibre Industry", PRODUCTIVITY Vol.28 No.1, April ‑ June, 1987.
15. "Impact of Dividend and Retention on Share Price ‑ An Econometric Study", DECISION, Vol.14, No.3, July ‑ September, 1987 (with G Srinivasan).
16. “Weak Form Efficiency in Indian Stock Market – An Empirical Investigation”, MANAGEMENT & ACCOUNTING RESEARCH, October-December 2000 (with Munish Makkad).
17. “Relative Strength Hypothesis of Weak Form Efficiency in Indian Stock Market – An Empirical Study”, PARADIGM, Vol. 5, No.1, Jan – June 2001. (with Munish Makkad).
18. “Testing Stability of Beta in the Indian Stock Market”, DECISION, Vol.28, No.2, July – December 2001.
19. “Forecast of Indian Readymade Garments Exports using the ARIMA Model”, GLOBAL BUSINESS REVIEW, Vol.3, No.1, Jan – June 2002 (with Prof. Ramesh Behl).
20. “A Logit Model to Predict Bond Ratings in India”, PARADIGM, Vol.6, No.1, Jan – June 2002 (with Amit Sharma).
21. “An Empirical Analysis of Asset Returns & Inflation”. PARADIGM, Vol.7, No.1, Jan – June 2003 (with Amit Sharma).
22. “Stability of Alpha and Beta over Bull and Bear Market – An Empirical Examination”, VISION – THE JOURNAL OF BUSINESS PERSPECTIVE, Vol.7, No.2, Jul–Dec 2003.
23. “Random Walk Hypothesis and Integration among the India Stock Market vis-à-vis some Developed Markets”,PRAJNAN, Vol.XXXIV, No.2, Jul–Sep. 2005, (with P K Mohanty & Sameer Bhardwaj) .
24. “Perception Study of Cyber Café Users”, GLOBAL BUSINESS REVIEW, Vol.7, No.1, Jan-June 2006 (with Prof. Ramesh Behl).
25. "Impact of Economic Liberalization on Manufacturer's Services – Case
Study of an Indian Automobile Company", REVIEW OF BUSINESS RESEARCH, Vol.6, No.2, 2006, pp.16 - 28. (with Prof. P K Bhaumik)
26. “Outsourcing and Manufacturing Strategies for Business Process Outsourcing – A Conceptual Study”, PRODUCTIVITY, Vol .47, April-September, 2006, No. 1-2, pp. 34-44. (Issue published in February 2007) (with Prof. Vidhu Shekhar Jha)
27. “Readiness for Online Learning in Business Schools in India”, INDERSCINECE JOURNALS, Vol. 1, No.1, pp. 16 – 27.( with Ramesh Behl & Himanshu Joshi).
28. “Work-Exhaustion – A Consequential Framework-Validating the model in the Indian context”, THE INDIAN JOURNAL OF INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS, Vol.43, No.4, April 2008, pp.547 - 573. (with Neena Sondhi, Prachi Jain & Monika Kashyap)
29. “Corporate Mergers and Acquisitions in India: Discriminating Between Bidders and Targets”, GLOBAL BUSINESS REVIEW, Vol. 9, No. 2, July-December 2008, (with Debarati Basu & Somashree Ghosh Dastidar).
30. “Learning Organization and Business Excellence Strategy Implementation in the Indian Context”, EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF MANAGEMENT, Vol.8, No.1, 2008, pp. 66 - 76. (with Vidhu Shekhar Jha)
31. “Study of Knowledge Management Assessment – Research in Indian Companies”, GLOBAL JOURNAL OF e-BUSINESS & KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT, Vol. 4, No.1, pp. 6 – 13, 2008. (with Vidhu Shekhar Jha & Himanshu Joshi).
32. “Forecasting Production of Natural Rubber in India”, PARADIGM, Vol. 13, No 1, Jan-June 2009, pp. 39 - 55. (with Vidhu Shekhar Jha).
33. “An Empirical Test of CAPM – The Case of Indian Stock Market”, GLOBAL BUSINESS REVIEW, Vol.11, No 2,June 2010, pp. 209 - 220. (with Debarati Basu).
34. “Knowledge Management Practices in Indian Industries – A Comparative Study”, JOURNAL OF KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT, Vol.1 4, No.5, pp.708 – 725, 2010. (with Himanshu Joshi).
35. “Knowledge Management Initiatives in Indian Public and Private Sector Organizations", JOURNAL OF KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT, Vol.14, No.6,pp. 811 – 827, 2010 (Special Issue). (with Himanshu Joshi).
36. "Impact of Knowledge Management Dimensions on Learning Organization: Comparison Across Business Excellence Awarded and Non-Awarded Indian Organizations", INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 68 – 85. 2011. (with Himanshu Joshi).
37. "Knowledge Management across Various Hierarchical Levels in Indian Organization – A Comparative Study", ABHIGYAN, Vol. 29, No. 1, pp. 6 – 18, (2011). (with Himanshu Joshi).
38. “A Comparative Study of Knowledge Management Assessment in Business Excellence Awarded and Non-awarded Organizations in India", GLOBAL BUSINESS REVIEW, Vol. 12, No.2, pp. 258 – 279, (June 2011). (with Himanshu Joshi).
39. “Impact of Knowledge Management Dimensions on Learning Organization Across Hierarchies in India”, VINE: THE JOURNAL OF INFORMATION AND KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS, Vol. 41, No.3, pp. 334 – 357, (2011) (with Himanshu Joshi).
40. “Impact of Knowledge Management on Learning Organization Practices in India – An exploratory analysis”, THE LEARNING ORGANIZATION, Vol. 18, No.6, pp.501-516 (2011) (with Himanshu Joshi).
41. “Assessing the role of organizational and personal factors in predicting turn-over intentions: A case of school teachers and BPO employees”, DECISION, Vol. 38, No. 2, pp.5-33. (August 2011) (with Neena Sondhi)
42. “Assessing work life balance among Indian women professions”, THE INDIAN JOURNAL OF INDUTRIAL RELATIONS – A REVIEW OF ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT, Vol. 47, No. 2, pp. 341-352, October 2011 (with Neena Sondhi)
43. “Impact of Knowledge Management on Learning Organization in Indian Organizations – A Comparison”, KNOWLEDGE AND PROCESS MANAGEMENT, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp.266-277, 2011. (with Himanshu Joshi)
44. “An Approach to KM Implementation in Indian Manufacturing and Service Sector Organization: An Exploratory Study”, VISION: The Journal of Business Perspective, Volume 16, No. 1, March 2012. (with Himanshu Joshi)
45. An Empirical Test of the Three Factor Model – The Case of Indian Stock Market”,FINANCE INDIA Vol.26, No.2, pp. 457-469, June 2012 (with Debarati Basu).
46. “An Empirical Test Of The Arbitrage Pricing Theory - The Case Of Indian Stock Market”, GLOBAL BUSINESS REVIEW, Vol.13, No.3, pp.421-432, October 2012. (with Debarati Basu)
47. “Management education through e-learning in India– An empirical study”, CAMPUS WIDE INFORMATION SYSTEMS, Vol.29, No.5, pp. 380-393, (2012). (with Himanshu Joshi)
48. “E-Learning Perception and its relationship with Demographic Variables: A Factor Analysis Approach”, INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION (IJICTE), IGI Global, Issue #32, (Oct-Dec 2012). (with Himanshu Joshi)
49. “E-Learning in India - Segmenting Students of a Business School based on their Perception”, INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ADULT VOCATIONAL EDUCATION AND TECHNOLOGY, IGI Global, 3rd Volume of 2012. (with Himanshu Joshi)
50. “A cluster analysis approach to grouping Indian women professionals”, INT. J. INDIAN CULTURE AND BUSINESS MANAGEMENT, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp.35–53, (Jan-Mar 2014). (with Neena Sondhi)
51. “Segmenting knowledge management (KM) practitioners and its relationship to performance variation – some empirical evidence”, JOURNAL OF KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT, Vol.18, No.3, (June 2014). (with Himanshu Joshi and Jamal A. Farooquie)
52. “An Empirical Analysis of Factors Influencing Investment in Mutual Funds in India”, GLOBAL BUSINESS REVIEW, Vol. 15, No.3, pp.493-503, (Sept. 2014).
53. “E-lifestyles of Indian online shoppers: A scale validation”, JOURNAL OF RETAILING AND CONSUMER SERVICES, Vol.21, issue 6, November 2014, pp.1068-1074. (with Shweta Pandey).
54. “Impulse buying behaviour: an emerging market perspective”, INT. J. INDIAN CULTURE AND BUSINESS MANAGEMENT, (accepted for publication), with Sheetal Mittal and Neena Sondhi.
55. “Antecedents of Organizational Identification of Post Graduate Students and its Impact on Institutions”, GLOBAL BUSINESS REVIEW, (accepted for publication), with Jaya Srivastava.
56. “Use of Knowledge Management for Competitive Advantages – The Case Study of Max Life Insurance”, GLOBAL BUSINESS REVIEW, (accepted for publication), with Himanshu Joshi and Jamal Farooquie.
Papers Submitted For Publication
There are six papers that are submitted for publication in International and National Journals.
Articles in newspapers:
Chapters in a Book:
“E-Learning Initiatives among B-Schools in India” Published in Knowledge Management and Sustainable Development in the 21st Century, October 2007 by Greenleaf Publishing UK (with Ramesh Behl & Himanshu Joshi).
1 Bharat Sports Daily (A)
2 Bharat Sports Daily (B)
3 Effectiveness of the Delhi Prohibition of Smoking & Non-smokers Health Protection Act, 1996.
4 37 cases with Neena Sondhi published in the book on Research Methodology – Concept and Cases.
COURSES TAUGHT AT POST GRADUATE LEVEL AND AT EXECUTIVE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMMES
a) Conducted and taught various Executive Development Programmes for both private & public sector in India and Nigeria in the area of Research Methods, Business Forecasting, Marketing Research, Statistical Methods for Decision Making and Econometrics.
b) Business Mathematics & Statistics, Marketing Research, Business Forecasting, Applied Econometrics, Research Methods in Management, Managerial Economics, Macro Economic Theory & Policy and Actuarial Science etc. at the International Management Institute and University of Calabar.
MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMMES