Strategy & General Management
- Ph.D. (Delhi University) 1991 in Strategic Planning and Corporate Policy in Indian Industry.
- M.Com. (DelhiUniversity) 1969 IInd Division (54%).
- B.Com. (Hons) (DelhiUniversity) IInd Division. First Prize Winner in Ist and IInd year.
Present Job and Position
Professor, Business and Corporate laws: International Management Institute (IMI), New Delhi
Teaching, (45 Years) Associate Prof. -in-Commerce And Officiating Principal Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, University of Delhi Seikh Sarai-II New Delhi 110017
- Served as Deputy Director of Studies [Law] and Secretary, Company Law Committee, Institute of Chartered Accounts of India from 1 June 1987 to 31 May 1989 in the pay scale of Rs.4500-150-5700 (Professor’s Scale at that time).
- Guest Faculty with (Past):Participated in Cooperative teaching of Post Graduate (M.Com.) Classes at South Campus, University of Delhi for over 5 years.
- Indian Law Institute (For more than 15 years)
- Institute of Chartered Accounts of India ( For 20 years)
- Indian Institute of Public Administration (For the last 14 years and still continuing). Been addressing the judicial and non-judicial members of District Consumer Forum and State Commissions
- International Management Institute, New Delhi ( For 9 years – before joining IMI in June, 2012)
- IBS, Gurgaon ( For 3 years)
- Indian Institute of Bankers ( For more than 10 Years)
- IILM, Lodi Rd., New Delhi
- Served as Editor of Ramjas College Commerce Magazine as a Student associate.
- Acted as Chief Editor of the Department of Commerce Magazine of Shaheed Bhagat Singh College for 3 years.
- Did a Research Project for ICAI on the role of BIFR in respect of Sick Companies.
- Acted as Resource Person in many Seminars.
- Participated in two MDPs done by IMI
- Am invited to address Society of Women Lawyers India on 7th Nov. 2014 on “ Companies Act, 2013”
Dr. G.K. KAPOOR, Professor, ‘Business and Corporate Laws’ is M.Com ; Ph.D from University of Delhi. Before joining I M I, he was Associate Professor and Officiating Principal, Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, University of Delhi. For a period of two years (June 1987- May 1989), he was Deputy Director of Studies with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, New Delhi.
A Co-winner of NIRC, ICAI Best Teacher Award 2000, Dr. Kapoor is an author of various books on ‘Business and Corporate Laws’ and ‘Management’ including Company Law and Practice (Taxmann), Business Law including Company Law (New Age ); Business Law, Ethics and Communication for C.A. PCC/IPCC ( Sultan Chand ); Corporate and Allied Laws for C.A. Final ( Sultan Chand ); Economic and Labour Laws (Sultan Chand); Business and Society ( Sultan Chand ). He has 42 years of teaching experience of ‘Business and Corporate Laws’ and ‘Management’ at under-graduate, post-graduate and professional level. He has been on the Guest Faculty of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Indian Law Institute, All India Management Association, Indian Institute of Bankers, Indian Institute of Public Administration, International Management Institute (IMI), and Institute for Integrated Learning and Management (IILM). He was conferred an ‘Excellence Award for his contribution to Education’ by Amity University, Noida in February 2012.
- Have more than twenty Publications on Business/Commercial and Corporate Laws, Auditing, Business and Society from publishers of National and International standing. The publications include: Company Law and Practice (Taxmann); Business Law including Company Law (New-Age); Economic and Labour Laws ; Business Law, Ethics and Communication; Corporate and Allied Laws; Business Policy and Environment (Sultan Chand & Sons).
- More than Thirty Write-ups/Articles published in Business Line, Financial Express, Chartered Accountant and various other journals of repute.