Program Structure & other details
- Course work and evaluations:
- E-FPM course work: The E-FPM scholar will pursue his/her coursework over a span of three trimesters. The E-FPM student needs to pursue FOUR specialized courses- of these two courses would be mandatory core courses in the scholar’s area of specialization and two are electives which the candidate can choose from either the area of specialization or allied areas. In addition, they are required to complete FOUR core courses- ALL scholars- regardless of their areas of specialization. The E-FPM scholar also in the last trimester works on a paper that is essentially a review paper on the existing literature related to the proposed thesis topic of the scholar.
- Comprehensive examination: On successful completion of the mandatory courses all E-FPM the students would need to undergo a Comprehensive Examination-written and oral viva- administered by the respective areas.
- Research proposal formulation and defense: On the successful completion of comprehensive examination, the candidate is required to form a Thesis Advisory Committee (TAC) for guidance towards the final thesis. Under the guidance of TAC, the student would be required to develop a research proposal and defend it in an open forum comprising the IMI, New Delhi faculty and other doctoral students. Post this the scholar is to be working under the guidance of the TAC towards completion of his/her thesis work.
- Thesis submission and defense: Thereafter, on completion of the proposed research as well as the mandatory publication requirements of the thesis submission, the candidate would inform the Head Research & Chairperson FPM programs, of the same. Head Research & Chairperson FPM programs, in consultation with TAC would recommend a Thesis Evaluation Committee (TEC) for the evaluation of the research work. The candidate would then be required to present a public seminar on the research findings. The candidate would be then evaluated by the TEC in an oral defense. After successfully defending the final thesis candidate is awarded the title of “Executive- Fellow of the International Management Institute, New Delhi”. (For details, please refer to Handbook of Information for E-FPM students.).
- Program Duration
The E-FPM scholar is expected to complete the program within FOUR years. However, under special circumstances extension of one more year may be granted.
Head, Research &Chairperson, FPM programs
International Management Institute
B-10, Qutab Institutional Area
New Delhi 110 016